"A good name is more desirable than great riches..." Proverbs 22:1

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rough start to a great weekend

This weekend got off to a rough start. On Friday, Travis and I had plans to eat at Becks Prime with his parents. However, there were different plans in store for us. Travis got home around 2:00 (he gets off early on Fridays in the summer) and discovered our newest animal, Tank, had gotten into something while in his kennel. His kennel was spotted with white "stuff" and there was clearly a plastic Kroger bag that had been shredded and partly ingested. After further investigation, SOMEHOW (we still do not know how) Tank managed to get a hold of a bag that had to have had super glue in it. The evidence was all over his face, paws, teeth and whiskers. But there was no bottle or any sign of a piece of bottle anywhere. After I got home around 6, I read the packets of the glue we carry in the house. The packages all said that if it were in your system to call poison control immediately. I couldn't get to the phone fast enough. The animal poison control told me they were going to charge a $65 consultation fee. For simply telling me what I need to do. Um...no thank you. I hung up the phone, called my vet and told them I thought he had eaten super glue. They basically told me I had to get here...fast. The tone of the woman's voice made it sound like life or death. Who knows how long he had it in his system but we knew it was at least 4 hours. The drive to the vet is about 30 minutes for us with traffic. We made it in about 15-20 but that felt like the longest ride. I cried the whole way hoping it wasn't fatal. Tank hadn't been acting funny which was my only hope that things were fine. They were. The vet simply told us to cook him white rice and boiled chicken. Bland diet. Well, thats actually what his food is now. Just dried. They sent us home with stomach protector meds and caution to just watch him. The vet's main concern was where the bottle that held the super glue was. We still don't know but Tank is perfectly fine. Whew!

Saturday, Travis woke me up with pink sprinkled donuts. For those that don't know me, that's extremely sweet. Before any tests, before any sports games I played, graduation, and other big events (even my wedding), I would wake up the morning of and need a pink sprinkled donut from Shipleys. It was just my thing. Travis snuck out and went to Shipleys and suprised me with his version of breakfast in bed. It was perfect. We continued our day with a little housework and yardwork. After a nap, I was off to the Texas A&M vs. LA Tech football game in the best town on earth--Aggieland. Travis's friend (now mine too) invited me and I had the best time! It felt soooo good to be back there. I can't wait to go again with my hunny so I can kiss someone when they score. And they scored a LOT that game!

Today, I woke up with a sore throat and nausea. I thought it was me getting sick but it turns out that it's more than likely me getting hoarse from the game yesterday. Nevertheless, we missed church again. After downing 4...yes FOUR eggos, I felt better. We made our trip to the grocery store in preparation for the Patterson's coming over. Travis and I haven't seen Megan and little Aiden since Brian and Megan got married over a year ago. It was so good to see them! Travis and Brian whipped up steak diane, red potatos, fresh green beans and garlic bread while I prepared the dessert, apple crumble. Needless to say, dinner was a great success.

Other than that, all we have to say is FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! We are very excited the Texans started off with a big win over the Colts. It was great. All our screaming at the TV freaked out the dogs. Kinda funny. Now, we finish off our night with hoping that the Cowgirls end up with a loss. So far, they are scoreless at half time. Yessss!

Until next time...

The WalkingSticks

No comments:

Post a Comment